The Bradshaw Animal Shelter
is proud to announce the launch of a new program designed to increase the care of its animals, support of adopters and maintain the live release rate of the shelter animals. With the inception of the Wellness Program, Bradshaw Animal Shelter is committed to providing comprehensive full circle care to the animals in its facility and in foster care and support to the people that care for them, foster them and ultimately adopt them.
The Bradshaw Animal Shelter is going into 2018 coming off three consecutive months of high live release rates – October at 83 percent, November at 87 percent and December at 91 percent. The Wellness Program has been designed to help get to and maintain a consistent live release rate of 90 percent or better and round out the excellent care provided on a daily basis.
The Wellness Program includes:
- Comprehensive behavior evaluation and rehab if needed
- Medical care, special surgery and spay/neuter services
- Foster care and animal rescue resources
- Animal socialization team
- Social media and community outreach
- Community events – low cost services
- Advertising and marketing
- In-depth adoption counseling and follow-up support
The Bradshaw Animal Shelter has been working steadily towards an increase to a 90 percent or higher live release rate for many years. With the partial implementation of the Wellness Program assets, results are already positive and measurable.
“We are very proud of the results we have achieved in recent months. The new Wellness Program will only increase our ability to service the animals of Sacramento County,” says Director, Dave Dickinson. “We are grateful to the residents of Sacrament County and surrounding regions for continuing to support our efforts.”
How can you help?
- If you are interested in adopting a new pet, please visit the Bradshaw Animal Shelter “Adoptable Pets” website to view available animals.
- If you have lost an animal and are searching for it, please visit the “Lost/Found Pets” to see if your pet was found and turned into the shelter.
- If you are interested in donating money, supplies or sponsoring the adoption fees of the animals, please visit the “Donate and Sponsorship” page.
- If you are interested in volunteering or becoming a foster parent, please visit the “Volunteering and Fostering” page.