The Sacramento County Board of Supervisors yesterday approved the Adopted Budget document for Fiscal Year 2017-18 to fund County operations.
The document outlined the County’s $4 billion budget, including a General Fund appropriation of $2.4 billion.
The final budget for the fiscal year balances the needs of the County while at the same time reserving funds for future needs. The County also enhanced funding in areas such as Child Protective Services, homeless services and addressing critical public safety needs.
In addition, funding has been applied to:
- Building general reserves
- Parkways and Unincorporated Communities Clean Up and Safety Initiative
- Implementing Foster Care Continuum of Care Reform
- Sheriff’s Department pilot program focusing on high incidences of unreported gun shots in the unincorporated County
- Replacing and upgrading critical technology