On Tuesday, January 12, the Board of Supervisors
held their annual vote to elect a new Chair and Vice Chair of the Board of Supervisors. This year, Supervisor Roberta MacGlashan, Supervisor for District 4,
will be the Chair and Supervisor Don Nottoli, District 5
, will be the Vice Chair.
"I am especially looking forward to serving as Chair of the Board this year,” said Supervisor Roberta MacGlashan. “In my final year on the Board of Supervisors, I look forward to working with my colleagues and community partners to provide the best-possible services to our residents and businesses.”
The additional responsibilities involved the following:
• Presides over the Board meetings; the vice chairperson assumes the role in the chairperson’s absence or inability to act. If the chair and vice chair are absent or unable to preside, the members present will select a member present to act as temporary chairperson.
• Acts on procedural matters or questions.
• Recognizes a member of the Board desiring to speak during Board of Supervisors session, and recognizes members of the public wishing to comment on matters before the Board of Supervisors for consideration.
• Is entitled to vote on all matters before the Board, participate in discussion relating to any matter, make motions without relinquishing the chair, and second any motion without relinquishing the chair.
• Serves as the point of contact for questions from the public regarding Board of Supervisors meetings and general County business (i.e., coordination of resolutions/presentations and general questions not specific to a district, etc.).