The Sacramento County Board of Supervisors will begin hearings on the Recommended Budget for Fiscal Year 2017-18 at 9:30 a.m., Tuesday, June 13 at the Sacramento County Administration Building located at 700 H Street. The hearings will continue through June 14 and June 15, beginning at 9:30 a.m., if necessary.
Members of the public may attend the hearings and be heard regarding any item in the budget. The hearings may be viewed live on Metro Cable Channel 14 or on the web. All Board decisions will be posted on the Board of Supervisors Meeting website.
The recommendations are for preliminary spending plans; the final budget will be brought to the Board of Supervisors in September for approval.
This year’s spending plan recommends enhanced or continued funding for recent and new initiatives including:
- Initiatives to reduce homelessness
- Sheriff’s intelligence led policing model
- Main Jail Mental Health Intensive Outpatient Unit
- Foster Care Continuum of Care Reform
- Dental Transformation Initiative
- Implementing Probation Adult Supervision Model
- Animal Care Initiatives
- Regional Parks - program to enhance visitor services, reduce fire danger and increase debris removal
- Regional Parks - completion of the American River Parkway Natural Resources Management Plan
- Road maintenance
Presentations to be heard (in order):
- Introduction and Overview by the County Executive
- District Attorney
- Human Assistance/Homelessness Initiatives
- Regional Parks
- Animal Care and Regulation
- Health and Human Services
- Other County Departments as needed
- Public Comment
- Capital Improvement Plan
- IHSS Public Authority
View the complete set of documents on the County’s Budget website or in the County Executive’s Office, 700 H Street, Room 7650 on the seventh floor.