The County of Sacramento and the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 39, which represents the Water Quality/Stationary Engineers Unit, have reached a tentative agreement for a three-year contract. The agreement is pending ratification by Local 39 membership. The agreement is expected to go to the Board of Supervisors on July 24, 2018.
The American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), Local 146 also reached a three-year tentative agreement with the County. AFSCME membership has ratified the agreement and it will go to the Board of Supervisors for approval on July 24, 2018. Local 39 and AFSCME bargaining units represent roughly 500 employees each of the County’s approximately 12,000 employees.
The Service Employees International Union (SEIU), Local 2015, which represents the In Home Supportive Services employees previously reached an agreement which was approved by the Board of Supervisors on July 17, 2018.
In addition, the County has reached agreements with 13 other bargaining units and negotiations are in progress with the 13 remaining bargaining units. Each of the County’s agreements are for three years along with an unrepresented employees pay plan that went into effect July 1, 2018.
To date, the County has agreements with the following bargaining units:
- 002/004 (SCALE): Law Enforcement Support
- 003 (DSA): Deputy Sheriffs
- 006 (Local 39): Operations & Maintenance
- 010 (SCPAA): Accountants
- 013/014 (EMSSC): Environmental Management Specialists Sacramento County
- 019 (SCPA): Probation Non-Supervisory
- 026 (ETTI): Engineering Technicians and Technical Inspectors
- 027 (UAPD): Physicians and Dentists
- 028 (UPEC): Information Technology Systems
- 029 (LEMA): Law Enforcement Management Association
- 034 (SCAPA): Sacramento County Administrative Professionals Association
Sacramento County has a total of 30 bargaining units.