The annual vote to elect a new Chair and Vice Chair of the Board of Supervisors was held on Tuesday, January 10. This year, the Chair is Supervisor Don Nottoli of District 5, and Susan Peters of District 3 was voted Vice Chair.
“It is an honor to have been chosen by my colleagues to serve as the 2017 Chairman of the Sacramento County Board of Supervisors,” said Don Nottoli. “I am confident that in working together in the year ahead, the Board will be successful in its efforts to address many of the issues facing the communities and people we serve throughout Sacramento County.”
The additional Chair and Vice Chair responsibilities involve the following:
- Presides over the Board meetings; the vice chairperson assumes the role in the chairperson’s absence or inability to act. If the chair and vice chair are absent or unable to preside, the members present will select a member present to act as temporary chairperson.
- Acts on procedural matters or questions.
- Recognizes a member of the board desiring to speak on an item.
- Is entitled to vote on all matters before the Board, participate in discussion relating to any matter, make motions without relinquishing the chair, and second any motion without relinquishing the chair.
- Sits on other boards/commissions as a representative of the County of Sacramento and is the point of contact for questions from the public regarding the meetings (i.e., coordination of resolutions/presentations and general questions not specific to a district, etc.).
The Chair and Vice Chair serve annual terms.