August is National Golf Month. Sacramento has mild weather for the bulk of the year and that makes it prime golfing weather. The County of Sacramento Division of Regional Parks owns and manages three championship golf courses and one nine-hole executive golf course for residents and visitors to enjoy. The courses offer a variety of settings and designs for a wide range of player skills. Because each course resides near or within a regional park, it is not uncommon for players to share a fairway with turkey, deer, geese and other wildlife.
Besides getting in 18 holes, picturesque views and a terrific meal, our golf courses offer a variety of classes, lessons and programs for all skills levels.
The Main Event Bar & Grill
: At the center of focus for our Constitution of Fun, our brand new patio addition makes it even more comfortable to hang whether golfing or not. “Ancil After Hours” features monthly Friday night live music on our patio with “cover bands” playing music you know. We’ve also instituted weekly drink specials & monthly Craft Beer specials featuring mostly local brewers’ offerings. Whether you prefer to grab a quick breakfast before your round, grab drinks at the turn or sit down for a leisurely meal after your round, the Main Event Bar & Grill is the place to be.
- Fitness: Created for golfers (and non-golfers) who wish to stay healthy or improve their health & fitness levels, our conditioning programs offer individualized analysis to get you back on track. Whether you’ve suffered an injury or just tired of the mass-market fitness centers, we can assist in developing a customized exercise program to suit your needs.
- Developmental: Weekly Kids’ Class- Focused on a fun learning environment for children of all ages
- Seasonal Adult Twilight 9-Hole Leagues- Socially-focused group activity includes education, contests and just plain fun. Spring Ladies League, Summer Co-Ed League, Fall Short Session and the Ancil Hoffman Meet-Up Group represent some of the menu of offerings.
- Group Lessons- Tailored for customers, from two up to 10 people for all skill levels
The Island Bar and Grill
: With a brand new remodel, the Island Bar and Grill is back to full service; offering lunch from 11-3 (Monday-Friday) as well as breakfast and lunch from 7-3 (Saturday and Sunday). Come out and enjoy a great meal in a beautiful setting. And if watching the ball game is your thing, we have a 120inch big screen for that!!
Will Robbins Golf
: Specifically designed to teach and instill the love of the game in the next generation. Will Robins was the California Junior Instructor of the year in 2015 and his amazing life story has helped him teach the game of golf one day at a time.
Value for your $$
: If you are looking for the best bang for your buck, Cherry Island is the course for you. Well known for having the best kept greens in Sacramento, the overall condition of the golf course consistently surprises players in the GOOD way. We challenge you to come out and give it a try; we promise you won’t be disappointed.
Veteran’s Golf Program
: Free golf program designed to combat the effects of PTSD through golf therapy, socialization and exercise.
: Mather offers beautiful and secluded ceremony and reception sites for all budgets and tastes. Bonus? Groom’s party gets a round of golf for free!
Patio Renovation: Mather Golf Course is renovating our “beer garden” patio area with new tents to provide shade as well as new patio furniture including rattan couches and chairs complete with flatscreen TVs for sporting event viewing. We are looking to add bocce ball courts adjacent to this area next spring for additional outdoor recreation.
Pro shop expansion
: Mather has added a “Shoe Hangar” within our pro shop featuring Footjoy, Addidas and Puma golf shoes. Great shoes at close-out prices!
9-hole executive length golf course perfect of beginners and young players
- Go around twice for a full 18
- Reasonable green fees for all players
- Don’t want to be paired with other players? Just ask!