The Sacramento County Board of Supervisors approved a Competitive Grants Program that can provide up to $1 million to local government entities and non-profit community organizations to address service needs.
Grants will be allocated through a competitive bid process, and community organizations must meet eligibility and funding requirements
. Proposals can be for any public purpose, other than those eligible for funding with the County’s Social Services Realignment revenue. Applications will be accepted online beginning March 6
through the County’s Office of Economic Development.
Funding for the program will come from County Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) revenues. Transient Occupancy Taxes are levied on guests who occupy rooms in hotels, motels and other temporary lodging accommodations in the unincorporated area of the County.
The application process will be conducted annually, with awards for the upcoming fiscal year made prior to the adoption of that year’s annual County budget.
2017 TOT Competitive Grant Program Application Deadline and Notification Dates:
Grant Application Period
March 6 - April 14, 2017
- All applications and documentation requested in announcement must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Online Applications Only: all applications are only accepted electronically: Apply online beginning March 6.
- Duplicate and incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- Applicants will receive electronic receipt notification upon submission.
Grant Application Review Period
Initial Application Screening Period
April 17-28, 2017
- Economic Development will review all applications for completeness and compliance with minimum requirements necessary to qualify for grants.
- All applicants will be notified electronically if proposals meet the minimum qualifications. Qualifying organizations will receive the Board of Supervisors Hearing schedule where final recommendations and approval will be made in June 2017.
Application Review Committee Period
May 1-26, 2017
- Board of Supervisors and staff will evaluate all qualifying applications and may contact organizations with follow-up questions.
Grant Program Hearing Notification
May 29-June 2, 2017
Grantee Award Approval
- The Board of Supervisors will make the final determination and approval for all TOT Grant Program recipients.
- Economic Development will notify applicants of funding selections within 5 business days of Board Hearing approval. All notifications will be made electronically.
Grantee Award Agreement Period
- Economic Development will draft and administer agreements between the County and grantees.