COVID-19 Hotline: 916-875-2400
COVID-19 Testing Sites
Sacramento County Public Health is encouraging testing.
Drive-Through Testing Site for Sacramento County
Starting May 6, anyone 18 years old or older living in Sacramento County can now get tested for COVID-19 for free simply by completing the Online Screening for COVID-19 Testing.
Those who complete the online COVID-19 screening will be scheduled for a drive-through appointment. Appointment details will be sent by email or phone. The Drive-Through Testing location is by appointment only and does not provided medical care on site.
MILESTONE! 10,000 Tests Completed!!! Sacramento County is proud to announce that the Drive-Thru testing location at Cal Expo, in partnership with verily, has surpassed 10,000 tests completed since it opened March 24. Expanding testing capacity is a benchmark requirement for the County’s approval to move further into Stage 2 of the State’s reopening plan. Check out the fanfare for the unsuspecting 10,000th "tester"
This Community-Based Testing Site (CBTS) for COVID-19 was spearheaded by the California Department of Public Health, Verily, the California Office of Emergency Services and the Governor's Office in coordination with Sacramento County Public Health.
Pop-Up COVID-19 Testing Sites
Sacramento County Public Health has partnered with California National Guard and Sacramento Public Library Authority to offer pop-up COVID-19 testing sites every 1-3 days at rotating Sacramento County public library locations. No appointments needed, but testing will be first come first served for those 18 y.o.+ with valid ID and contact information for test results. The exact times and locations will be announced the evening prior to each new location:
Valley Hi-North Laguna Branch (7400 Imagination Pkwy, Elk Grove, CA 95758)
Tuesday, July 7 and Thursday, July 9
7:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Free COVID-19 testing available by walk-up, first come/served
Community COVID-19 Testing Site
St. Paul’s Missionary Baptist Church (3996 14th Ave)
Free COVID-19 testing is available by appointment-only at St. Paul’s Missionary Baptist Church (3996 14th Ave) on Tuesdays and Fridays, 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Anyone who is 16 years old or older living in Sacramento County with valid photo I.D. that includes date of birth can get tested. Those with severe symptoms should contact their healthcare providers.
To request an appointment, call (916) 628-7676 between 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday-Friday. Please leave a message that includes the following information for the person requesting an appointment:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Address of residence
- Call back number
Testing suspended due to supply shortage. Plan to resume testing the week of July 13 (location exception " * ") for the following locations:
- Natomas Unified School District (1931 Arena Blvd. Sacramento, CA 95934)
- South Sacramento Christian Center (7710 Stockton Blvd. Sacramento, CA 95823)
- *Tetteh Pediatric Health (7248 S. Land Park Drive #118, Sacramento, CA 95831)
- La Familia’s Maple Neighborhood Center (3301 37th Ave, Room 7 - park on 36th Ave)
- Robertson Community Center (3525 Norwood Avenue)
Check back for updated details.
Waiting to be Tested?
Unfortunately, communities across the country are struggling to get access to COVID-19 testing supplies and people are on testing waitlists. For those waiting to be tested:
- If you have had close contact with someone who has COVID-19, stay home and away from others (Do not go to work/school, and avoid public places for 14 days). Check yourself for fever, cough, and shortness of breath for 14 days from the last day you had close contact with the person.
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, self-isolate (stay home and away from others, including household members). You can stop self-isolating when: 1) It’s been at least 3 days with no fever without using fever-reducing medication 2) Your symptoms have improved, AND it has been at least 10 days since symptoms first appeared.
CDC Expands List of COVID-19 Symptoms
has expanded the symptoms of COVID-19. Those with the following symptoms or combinations of symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Or, at least two of these symptoms:
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Headache Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
*This list is not all-inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Children have similar symptoms to adults and generally have mild illness.