Media Participation and Community Guidelines
The aim of the various Sacramento County social media pages is to keep Sacramento County residents and the general public informed about the latest news and events in Sacramento County. These pages also serve as forums to discuss related topics and activities, and enables sharing official Sacramento County information with your connections. These sites will not be used for political purposes.
- Sacramento County's social media pages will post timely, accurate public information.
- When possible, Sacramento County's social media pages will link directly to online references and original source materials.
- Sacramento County's social media pages will make reasonable attempts to monitor and ensure all third-party posts and comments are appropriate and the County reserves the right to delete submissions that contain:
- Vulgar language or sexually explicit comments
- Personal attacks of any kind
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, genetics, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or intellectual disability or sexual orientation
- Content that is off topic or not directly related to the business of the respective Sacramento County social media post
- Promotion of illegal activities
- Content that promotes or opposes political organizations
- Infringements on copyrights or trademarks
- Personal and/or identifiable medical information; or
- Information that may compromise the safety, security, or proceedings of public systems or any criminal or civil investigations
- Sacramento County reserves the right to block anyone who does not follow the above guidelines.
- All visitor posts will be reviewed and moderated according to the same criteria before posting.
The comments expressed on these sites do not reflect the opinion and position of Sacramento County or its officers and employees. If you have any questions concerning these social media platforms, please contact the Public Information Office at SACPIO@SacCounty.net.
Sacramento County's social media pages are public forums and comments posted by followers and the appearance of external links or advertisements do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sacramento County, nor can their appearance on Sacramento County's social media pages be construed as Sacramento County's confirmation of their accuracy or endorsement of the advertisements. Sacramento County does not exercise any editorial control over the information served to you by user-generated links or by Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, and their third-party advertisers.