Do you have big stuff at home that you need to get rid of? Old furniture, a worn-out mattress, a washer, dryer, tree branches or just junk?
- Schedule a Bulky Waste Pick Up. Once per calendar year, residential curbside customers are provided a bulky waste pick up at no additional cost. On the day before your pick up, put acceptable items at the curb. Pile size is limited to 8’ x 4’ x 4’, or about as much as the cab of a pickup truck piled to the top. To schedule this service, call 311, download the free SacGreenTeam app, or complete the online form.
- Already had your annual Bulky Waste Pick Up? Additional pickups are only $25 each!
- Donate gently used furniture, appliances and other household items to a used household goods store, churches, Salvation Army or Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento.
- Take large appliances like refrigerators, washers, dryers, stoves, ovens and dishwashers to the North Area Recovery Station or Kiefer Landfill. County residents may drop off up to two large appliances per day for no charge.
- Hire a county licensed rubbish hauler to dispose of old furniture, appliances, etc. It’s important to use a licensed rubbish hauler so that your junk doesn’t end up dumped illegally. If anything in the pile points back to you, you could be financially responsible for cleanup costs! If in doubt of a business license, contact the Business License Unit at 916-874-6644 or send us an email.