It’s the most wonderful time of the year again! As always, Sacramento International Airport
is celebrating with beautiful holiday decorations, live entertainment in the baggage claim areas in both terminals Dec. 19 - 23, and comfort dogs to ease the anxieties of flying, brought to you by the Boarding Area Relaxation Corp (BARC).
We are excited to accommodate and assist travelers during the holiday season. Travelers flying Dec. 20 - 24
should be aware there will be bigger crowds, with a second rush on Dec. 29
as holiday travelers fly home. Whether flying out of the airport or picking up loved ones, customers are encouraged to arrive early, anticipate delays and be prepared by checking our real-time parking lot information page on our website
and downloading the PassioGO! app. We have increased our staffing and are eager to assist our holiday travelers.
SMF recommends travelers arrive at least two hours in advance of their scheduled departure time to allow time to park, check luggage and pass through TSA security. The lines at the ticket counters and security checkpoints are expected to be longer than normal. For flights departing from Terminal A (United, Delta, American or Air Canada), travelers should plan for a 40-minute wait during peak times (between 5 – 6 a.m.). If departing from Terminal B (Southwest, Alaska, Jet Blue, Aeromexico, Contour, Frontier, Hawaiian, Horizon, Spirit, Sun Country, Volaris or Boutique), travelers should expect a 30-minute wait time during the peak times between (4:30 – 5 a.m.).
Some parking lots may fill to capacity and close
, so please plan to arrive early, and look for signage that will direct you to available parking, including the new West Economy Lot. Visit our website
and use the interactive parking lot map which shows real-time availability. Download the PassioGO! app for real-time shuttle bus information including when the next shuttle bus will arrive and how many passengers are on the bus.
- Parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis; be prepared and know what options are available.
- Unlike the other parking options at SMF, our new West Economy Lot is pre-pay by license plate. Customers pay when they park by entering their license plate number at the pay station which records payment electronically.
- Shuttle bus service is provided to the East and West Economy Lots at intervals of 25-30 minutes or less.
- Hassle-free covered parking is available in the garage for $18/day and is only a few minutes’ walk to either terminal.
- Parking overnight at the Hourly B Lot (on the west side of Terminal B) is not recommended. It is designed – and priced – for people meeting and greeting passengers in Terminal B.
For passengers being picked up on arrival by friends or family, we recommend the driver save time and gas by parking in our Free Waiting Area also known as the Cell Phone Lot. This also avoids traffic congestion, as the Free Waiting area is a three-minute drive to both terminals. It takes approximately 25 minutes for a passenger to land, grab their bag and be ready for pick up.