A new tiered system of county monitoring and for re-opening of business sectors was announced on Aug. 28, 2020, by the Governor of California that is based on specific COVID-19 indicators.
The revised criteria for loosening and tightening restrictions on activities to reduce the number of COVID-19 cases has placed Sacramento County in Purple/Tier 1 (widespread) for having a daily case count of more than seven per 100,000 people and positivity rate of more than eight percent.
Counties are required to remain in an assigned tier for a minimum of three weeks and must meet the criteria for the next tier for two consecutive weeks before being able to advance to the next tier.
In alignment with Tier 1, the following sectors are permitted for “OUTDOOR operations only” until further notice:
- Personal care services (nail salons, body waxing, estheticians)
- Museums, zoos, aquariums
- Places of worship
- Movie theaters
- Gyms and fitness centers
- Family Entertainment Centers (e.g. bowling alleys, miniature golf, batting cages and arcades)
- Cardrooms, satellite wagering
- Bars, pubs, brewpubs and breweries may operate outdoors, only if they offer sit-down, outdoor meals
Outdoor operations may be conducted under a tent, canopy or other sun shelter as long as no more than one side is closed.
In alignment with Tier 1, the following sectors are permitted to open for INDOOR operations with modifications:
- Critical infrastructure
- Hair salons and barbershops
- All retail (25% maximum capacity)
- Shopping centers (Malls, destination centers, swap meets, excluding food courts and common areas) maximum 25% capacity
- Professional sports (without live audiences)
For questions about the Public Health Order, call the Public Health hotline at (916) 875-2400.