The business community and the public are invited to celebrate the recipients of the 10th Annual Sacramento Area Sustainable Business (SB) Awards, on Wednesday, September 21, 8 – 11 a.m., at the Tsakopoulos Library Galleria (828 I Street). The event is free; register today at no cost.
Presented by the Business Environmental Resource Center (BERC), the event features a green business expo with a continental breakfast, networking and informational outreach tables, along with an awards ceremony. This year’s keynote speaker is Cheri Chastain, Sustainability Manager for Sierra Nevada Brewing Company.
The ceremony recognizes top environmentally proactive Sacramento area businesses whose work practices demonstrate an outstanding commitment to enhancing sustainability. This year’s award categories and recipients are:
- Energy Conservation: Datacate, Inc.
- Water Conservation: California Public Employees' Retirement System
- Solid Waste Reduction: Sun & Soil Juice Company
- Pollution Prevention: Cal-Waste Recovery Systems
- Green Building: Nugget Market, Inc.
- Transportation & Air Quality: Paladin Private Security
BERC’s SB Program is the region’s benchmark for achieving sustainable practices. Since its establishment in 2007, the program has performed more than 500 certifications and re-certifications and has awarded 205 unique businesses.
Space is limited; register today!